Monday, October 22, 2007

Growing as an Herbwyfe part 1

I will try to make this as brief as possible. I took so many pics! lol
I dont want to lose you all in details

We woke up at 4 am on oct 3rd. Rachel being 8-9ish months pregnant, Josh 15 year old, and Olivia age 3 and I hopped into our prepacked Honda civic. The day was mostly uneventful. Hot through OK, TX and NM so we had the windows all down and got terrible gas mileage between that and a headwind.

Arrived at Mamatoabunch (Anabelle) house by dinner. She offered us a shower, and a meal and we spent the night there. In case you dont know, Anabelle has 8 children so we were accustomed to the noise of many children under one roof.
They have a small family farm which gave my children a chance to see their animals.
The older daughters are some might fine cooks. This day we had beef stew, homeade bread and Sandy's pumpkin muffin recipe as a cake though instead.

We all tried to get aquainted in a brief timeframe.

A good night sleep with the rain coming down in the desert. First thing I remember in the morning was running outside to smell the pines. Delight!
Also took a pic of the juniper berries that are far larger than ours at home in the Ozarks.


A little visit in the morning and we were on our way.
Snapped a pic on our way out


NM is one of my favorite places in the world so I also took a pic of the scenery outside Anabelles property.
Here is one


A rest area in Arizona fascinated me with its desert plants. I lustfully began picking white sage practically ripping the branches from the plant. she was sure to let me know by allow me to get a splinter from her base. Serves me right. I had problems with that thumb for days after that and had to admit my bad behavior immediately. I knew better than to treat a plant in that manner.

We stopped at a tourist trap to get a snack in Arizona. Here is the mountain's where we stopped


Flagstaff was our next favorite place-no time to stop though


Crossing the Hoover Dam into nevada by 5:30 or so.



Spent time with Robyn, Sam and Ariella for the next few days. My granddaughter is gorgeous! Will post pix of that in part 2

No comments: