Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Spring plants for ya

Today I bring more plants to the blog:) Doesn't spring liven your senses, but remember her season is short, so slow down to observe and ENJOY IT! This year I am and what joy!

Here is Goldenseal Hydrastis canadensis

This is on the United Plant Savers endangered list so we have some planted here in our forest edge where it likes to be. We also have black cohosh and american ginseng planted and when that comes up I will be sure to share a pic.



Grape Hyacinth
Muscari racemosum

This was planted here prior to our buying this house 5 years ago. I love these littel plants although they are fading now.


Mystery plant I dunno for sure
This may be a wild geranium? If you know please comment:)


Star of Bethlehem Ornithogalum umbellatum
These too are planted and some have migrated into the Ozark woods too. I delight in these as well. They are poisonous I understand so I leave them be to show off their beauty.


Stinging Nettles Urtica dioica
I have a video on yesterdays entry to show this after harvest. That night I sauteed in coconut oil with garlic and some chicken broth...oh so good along with some poke.

I have some drying right now as well. You can see more about nettles



No comments: