Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A magical sky

People wonder why I love it here. I could give many reasons, but by far it is nature herself being on the top of the list. The people. The community support of children. The women I drum with. Our thrift store. The energy of generosity and activity. My partner in herbal work, Dragon Lady
So much I love.
But today I have to share a picture that made the front page of our newspaper.

Last night the temps got down to -24 degrees farenheit.
When it is cold like that, we get freaky things in the sky up here in the mountains.

The picture shows what is called 'Light Pillars' and happens when the light from the ground is reflected upon flat snow crystals descended through very cold air.
Simply amazing
Click here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this breathtaking display of a true natural wonder; I have never seen anything like it! I wish I could move there too!