Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nicole Carter Herbalist Spotlight


Nicole Carter has become a dear friend to me as well as someone I turn to sometimes for help. Nicole is a 33 year old mother to 2 beautiful children. The work she has forged out in my hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada has been such a blessing to the community as well as myself.
Her husband is very supportive of her work in teh Nevada desert, and I totally expect her to bloom in big ways. She has laid her life down and worked so hard.
She is that HAWT blond in the pic...I am behind her somewhere:)

Here is what Nic has to say.






Do you remember what was going on in your life that lead you to herbs?
I was putting myself through college, waiting tables, busting my ass. I
needed something to help me with the physical and mental stress. I found the
help with herbs, I was hooked forever.

How old were you at that time? 21



Can you share some of the work that has most influenced you? Such as books,
blogs, video and lectures. My favorite book is by Adele Dawson. I've attended
few workshops or conferences buy one in Scottsdale in 1995 or 1996 was related
to aromatherapy and I realized how plants are so connected to everything within
and outside of us.

When making plant medicine, are you drawn to any particular method? Im a tea
girl. I love the simplicity of being able to take any plant and make tea from
it, ready in minutes. Albeit some taste better than others, its fast and easy
and can be modified to your liking.

Do you have a most memorable event, conference, or one on one experience with
any of our herbal foremothers and forefathers or any other key person used in
your path of herbalism? And how has that influenced you today?
I met Rosemary Gladstary at the United Plant Savers and saw her connection to
the planet through herbs. I love that "basics" sense of living with plants and
employ it daily.
Where are you located? dare I say it, Vegas

Do you work with the public and could you descirbe your work? such as:
Do you teach classes? I do work with the public, teaching community outreach
through the local university (UNLV). I love it bcuz i can reach a lot of people
and its not expensive for them to try it out. 99% of them are hooked too.

Do you offer consultatons? Yes

Do you travel for herbal work? No, but I would if I needed to.

How can people contact you to find out more about what you offer, calender of
events, blogs, weed walks, etc? I have a website with links, a calendar of
events and a free quarterly newsletter.



Do you have a vision for your work in the future or are you seeing how it
unfolds?
Im really watching to see what happens. There is so much interest in herbal
medicine, and I myself have a lot to learn and experience yet. I would like to
open an herb clinic with classes and consulting and a herb "pharmacy".

Most of the readers are new to herbs and if there is one word of wisdom or
sage advice you could leave them, what would that be? Dont rush to get to the
"end" of studying, learning is a continuum.



Nicole Carter, MEd., M.H.
Master Herbalist, Holistic Health Educator
Nicole Carter Herbs

No comments: