Monday, September 8, 2008

You cannot escape the call

I was harvesting herbs in the forest this week hiking up hill with my 2 youngest children. It seemed nature was calling to me so strong that day, giving me ideas for many medicinal purposes to help others.
I felt such joy and power.

The same feelings I often experienced as a kid when my dad would take me fishing in the mountains of Utah. I would wander for hours perfectly content without fear and I felt so much power.
So connected. And then I grew up. Those memories were etched in my brain. How I missed waht I had experienced when a child.

In a moments time I realized that my calling was birthed in me as a girl.Nothing ever in my life has come close to those fishing memories. Such amazing power, freedom, and trust is the best words to describe how I felt. Of course I was not an herbalist nor did I know about the plant world then.
I did know how to walk for hours on rocks in the river and pretend that I was guiding people through the wilderness. Such Fun!

I am at home in the pine forests and mountains. I feel my spirit soar and my female instincts rise up. I walk with a keen-ness to what is around me when I am in the high country and my intuition kicks into gear. I think of my people, mama's, clients, my family, and help comes to mind for them best in my retreat alone in the mountains.

I am powerless. I am in love. Drawn by the beating heart of mother earth, I cannot escape the work I am to do. Because to help people, I need to be in the highest place to seek the spirit of what I must do to help others.
She draws me constantly to spend time in her womb to rebirth myself and the emerging daughter I am to be.
This place is my cathedral and I am drawn to worship the creator with a humble sincere soul, emptying out all to the ground. Often I want to cry. I feel shaken inside, again powerless. In Awe.
My church! My refuge! I could easily hug a tree and bow to the earth as I tremble at the majesty of this place. Trust.

There is no escaping the spirit and when she says go, indeed you cannot escape it otherwise you be troubled continually until you follow through with what you are to do.
I am a medicine woman, powerless again the spirit calling me....calling me strongly with love. My heart beats with intensity as I sit at the feet of mother earth to hear what she is saying and to follow through as a wise daughter with her teachings.
Blessed Be

1 comment:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Oh sweet medicine woman. You are amazing. :) That was a great post.

Val