Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A sunny day-time to play


Or rather work and play. I had about a dozen packages to ship today!! Thank you for those who support my work!
The sun was shining, and with moderate temps this week, the roads are mostly clear.
And since we had to be out today, I decided that after errand running, I would take Olivia to hang out at Planet Palate.
This is the little cafe I worked at for like a day:) Some of you might remember, the schedule I could keep with Olivia's classes, weren't truly good for the restaurant and the day I worked I could see that clearly. The owner, Amy Young, really tried to make it work. Thanks Amy!
I did some work for Planet Palate after that, while Amy was out of town and really got a feel for the place and more about Amy's vision.

It was so refreshing today, after a busy run around day, to chill out and relax with Liv.


Here is Liv on the steps to enter in. The ski hill in the background is Snow King.



We are always tempted when walking in the door with fresh baked goodies, most organic, some gluten free or vegan.

I had a favorite beverage I enjoy there which is their Tiger Chai.
Which is a beverage with infusion of cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, ginger, peppercorn, clove, chickory orange zest, and jasmine tea. With organic milk.



Then our meal. We split a cup of cream of spinach soup and a Margherita, which is basically an egg sandwich on foccacia, with basil, tomato and roasted garlic aioli. IT IS SO GOOD


I was able to read the daily paper, which is free here in Jackson, well one of them is, as well as bus service is free in town. Thankfully, I did not have to take the bus today:)


The day was crisp and clear, pretty quiet with birds singing throughout the day. You can almost feel spring is saying, WONT BE TOO LONG NOW, although in Jackson, Spring is still a ways away compared to most places.
This is on the road home. It was so majestic today to have a clear sky to see the mountains that surround where I live




Upon arriving home, I made a nice warm brew of thyme tea and sat out in the sun briefly before heading to do laundry.

What a glorious day! The beauty of nature uplifts my spirits so much! I have an infusion of neem on the counter to work with later. Trying to understand some of its benefits with oral care. I have really looking forward to it, but hoping it wont be as bad and bitter as I suspect it to be.

Have a Glorious Day!

1 comment:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

What an amazing day! That tea looks absolutly wonderful. I feel like going and getting a chai right now. Yum!

Hope you are doing well Kris...

Love Val